Sunday, July 21, 2013

Writing in Math



This year I would like to make more of an effort to have my students write in my classes.  I know it is so important and yet I do not do a very good job of being consistent.  Here are some resources I found that support writing in math or provide ideas.

Integrating Writing into the Mathematics Classroom
Using Writing in Mathematics to Deepen  Student Learning
Writing in Math PBS

59 Writing Prompts for Math Class
101 Journal Prompts
Math Journal Prompts
Journal Writing Prompts
R.A.F.T. Math Prompt Builder

I am thinking of using a separate journal booklet instead of having students write in their Interactive Notebook.  Haven't decided.  I quickly put together this booklet in case this is something I would like to do.  Print as a stapled booklet.  Students can color the front cover.  Store them in your classroom or in the back of their Interactive Notebook using a pocket.




Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. You've provided some terrific resources. I like the idea of using a separate journal booklet. It may become a keepsake for many students.

    ReplyDelete